The Illustrated Guide to Nonprofit GIS and Online Mapping
We're pleased to announce the release of the first public version of MapTogether's Illustrated Guide to Nonprofit GIS and Online Mapping. The Guide includes:
- a brief introduction to mapping and GIS (geographic information systems) technology and concepts
- examples of successful nonprofit projects using GIS and/or mapping technologies
- helpful strategies for planning your own mapping/GIS project
- a review of public data sources with freely available data
- a brief review of free and low-cost tools for nonprofit mapping and GIS projects
The Guide is released under a Creative Commons 3.0 NC/BY/ND license.